A follow-up to Red House Records bestselling 60th birthday album A Nod to Bob, sixteen of today’s foremost folk and Americana artists on Red House Records offer stunning new interpretations of Dylan classics from throughout his career as a 70th Birthday tribute to the paramount singer and songwriter of our time.
No songwriter of the last half of the 20th century – or the present one- has cast a longer shadow than Bob Dylan. The artists on this album, such as Hot Tuna, John Gorka, Lucy Kaplansky, Storyhill, Robin & Linda Williams, Guy Davis and many more represent a broad spectrum of friends and admirers, from peers to singers and songwriters who continue to be influenced by Bob’s on-going vision, and their song choices are drawn from various periods of his career.
Professor Louie was honored to be asked to play Hammond B3 Organ on House Of The Rising Sun with Guy Davis for this project and they recorded it in Louie’s LRS Recording Studio, Hurley, NY.
Listen to Guy’s baritone acoustic guitar and mandolin and Louie’s swirling organ on this cut. Guy’s weathered voice and masterful playing make him one of the definitive purveyors of today’s acoustic blues.
Bob Dylan learned this tale of ruin from Dave Van Ronk and it’s said The Animals got it from him. Bob rarely performs House Of The Rising Sun anymore, but it’s fair to surmise that it may never have become widely known without him.
The definitive Dylan tribute from the Grammy-winning folk and roots label, Red House.
A NOD TO BOB 2
1. What Good Am I? - The Pines
2. Just Like A Woman - John Gorka
3. Mama, Let Me Lay It On You (Baby, Let Me Follow You Down - Hot Tuna
4. Every Grain Of San d - Lucy Kaplansky
5. Lay Down Your Weary Tune - Storyhill
6. The Days Of '49 - Spider John Koerner
7. Dirt Road Blues - Pieta Brown
8. Buckets Of Rain - Danny Schmidt
9. House Of The Rising Sun - Guy Davis with Professor Louie
10. Jokerman - Eliza Gilkyson
11. Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues - Cliff Eberhardt
12. It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry - Ray Bonneville
13. Born In Time -Meg Hutchinson
14. Not Dark Yet - Jimmy Lafave
15. Mozambique - Peter Ostroushko 16. Walkin' Down The Line - Robin & Linda Williams
The Lost Band Tracks - Midwest Record Review
Prof. Louie & The Crowmatix new 6 song EP
Cornell University Alumni Homecoming Weekend
PL&C in Concert
PL&C - Special Benefit Concert
Hurley Heritage Society